Re: expected substantial and measurable improvements in WG charter

On 12 March 2015 at 00:10, Yoav Nir <ynir.ietf@gmail.com> wrote:

> Give it a year, and we’ll read about people outside the small group
> attempting to deploy HTTP/2. Maybe they’ll love the improved user
> experience. Maybe they’ll measure it and conclude that it didn’t help and
> didn’t hurt. Maybe they’ll find that it makes things worse and revert. Then
> we might be able to make a better when and why document.

Is that an argument for making HTTP/2 an experimental standard? (I'm not
whipping a dead horse, but genuinely questioning the meaning of
"experimental" vs "proposed" standards.)

Is it well and truly time for us, as well, to start working on the
apocryphal "how to use HTTP/2" document that's been mentioned from time to
time over the years? I'd start, but I don't know where to begin (since I'm
partly the target audience, wanting to know why I need to use TLS to work
with Chrome and Firefox, etc.).

--
  Matthew Kerwin
  http://matthew.kerwin.net.au/