Re: Preliminary agenda for Dallas

On 3/10/15 9:53 AM, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> --------
> In message <13FE6D6D-BB19-455D-95C5-073A299009DE@mnot.net>, Mark Nottingham wri
> tes:
>
>>> Who is going to open issues based on Bob Briscoes critique ?
>> Martin will apply editorial suggestions as he's able
>> (constrained by where we're at in the process); anything more
>> will need to be an errata, or held for the next update.
> In other words: The WG is going to totally ignore the substance of
> the first competent, comprehensive and thorough outside review
> HTTP/2.0 has ever received.

I don't think that's a fair statement.  Bob's review is excellent, but
many of the concerns he raised were well trodden ground.  Still, those
that aren't deserve to be addressed, and the question is really how best
to proceed.  Now Bob's biggest concern is the one that we are really
talking about, in this context, which is extensibility.  We made a
decision in the working group that we would keep extensibility within
the protocol to a minimum with an understanding that ALP IDs are cheap.
The question from a process perspective is how to get to the next one.

Eliot