Re: Working Group Last Call: draft-ietf-httpbis-auth-info

I think the purpose of the headers should be made more consistent across
the document.
In the Introduction, they are used to "return additional information
during or after authentication", while in 3, the Authentication-Info
header is used to "communicate additional information regarding the
successful authentication".

DIGEST use it in an optional manner, to convey additional information
after a successful authentication.
Scram is using it in a mandatory manner, to finalize the authentication,
by conveying information for authenticating the server.

I think that Authentication-Info should be used by the server once the
client is authenticated (i.e. the status code is not 401), to either
convey additional information or finalize the authentication.

I created a pull request in this direction:
https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/47

Hervé.