Re: Alissa Cooper's Yes on draft-ietf-httpbis-http2-16: (with COMMENT)

From: Greg Wilkins <gregw@intalio.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 12:26:46 +0100
To: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Cc: Alissa Cooper <alissa@cooperw.in>, The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, httpbis-chairs@tools.ietf.org, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>, draft-ietf-httpbis-http2.all@tools.ietf.org
On 23 January 2015 at 12:13, Greg Wilkins <gregw@intalio.com> wrote:

> We could introduce a RESET state, which means that CLOSE will always be
> entered gracefully and there will be no late packets.   RESET could then
> have defined timeout before entering CLOSE.

Actually, if we made RESET an acknowledged frame, then we could avoid the
timeout completely as once you have both sent and received a RESET you can
enter close gracefully.

I know it is late to be hammering on this bugbear, but I'll prepare a PR
none the less.

cheers

--
Greg Wilkins <gregw@intalio.com>  @  Webtide - *an Intalio subsidiary*