Re: [Gen-art] Gen-ART and OPS-Dir review of draft-ietf-httpbis-header-compression-10

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 18:12:26 -0800
To: Jari Arkko <jari.arkko@piuha.net>
Cc: David Black <david.black@emc.com>, ietf@ietf.org, "General Area Review Team (gen-art@ietf.org)" <gen-art@ietf.org>, "fenix@google.com" <fenix@google.com>, Hervé Ruellan <herve.ruellan@crf.canon.fr>, "ietf-http-wg@w3.org" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
I definitely want to avoid making prescriptive statements about what to
protect, even couched as suggestions. However, I think that a more generic
statement that describes the characteristics of a header that might need
protection is definitely a good idea.

If Herve doesn't get there first, I can purpose text that concentrates on
the coincidence of secret and small/easy-to-guess..