Re: Comments about draft-ietf-httpbis-http2-16 : Connection reuse

The requirement to reuse a TLS connection is that the cert is "valid". This
does not simply mean that the cert contains a matching Subject-Alt-Name, it
means that *all* the validity checks are satisfied. For a User-Agent that
supports TLSA it must check TLSA (Chrome does not support TLSA so I'm not
familiar with what they are). In the case of Public Key Pinning, the must
check that the pins are satisfied. Chrome does support pinning and so if
you look at the code which checks to see if an existing connection can be
used for a new hostname, you'll see that it explicitly verifies the pins:

https://code.google.com/p/chromium/codesearch#chromium/src/net/spdy/spdy_session.cc&sq=package:chromium&l=568&rcl=1420152226

I think that the requirement in 9.1.1 is sufficient.