Re: Reviving discussion on error code 451

On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 6:07 AM, <nicolas.mailhot@laposte.net> wrote:

> Proposal (another one properly generalized)
>
>  451 Forbidden by a third party human authority

​Clever, but it doesn’t meet the service providers’ needs.  They are OK
with mentioning that they got a legal demand, but they don’t want to admit
formally that they have been “forbidden” because that would weaken their
legal position if they decide to contest the demand.​

--
- Tim Bray (If you’d like to send me a private message, see
https://keybase.io/timbray)