Re: Fwd: I-D Action: draft-reschke-http-oob-encoding-00.txt

On 2015-06-04 18:16, Julian Reschke wrote:
> FYI -- see below.
>
> This is another proposed building block for a system in which an origin
> server would delegate parts of the content delivery to a secondary
> server (usually a cache); it's supposed to work together with Martin's
> encryption content coding.
>
> Pretty HTML over here:
> <http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-http-oob-encoding-latest.html>
>

> Feedback appreciated,
>
> Julian

One thing I'd like to get people to think about is the way both specs
stretch the concept of content codings beyond what has been done before:

1) To undo the content coding defined in
draft-thomson-http-encryption-00, the recipient will need encryption
related information which is not part of the actual payload; it might be
out-of-band, or provided in a response header field.

2) To unwrap the content coding defined in
draft-reschke-http-oob-encoding, the client will need to do an
additional request to a secondary server.

Feedback appreciated,

Julian