Re: Stephen Farrell's Discuss on draft-ietf-httpbis-tunnel-protocol-04: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

Hi Mark,

That's all good from my POV and I like your suggestion at the end.

Cheers,
S.

On 09/06/15 02:15, Mark Nottingham wrote:
> Hi Stephen,
>
>> On 8 Jun 2015, at 11:01 pm, Stephen Farrell
>> <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie> wrote:

DISCUSS:

I think this should be an easy discuss but is needed.  RFC 7301
>> says:
>>
>> Care must be taken when such identifiers may leak personally
>> identifiable information, or when such leakage may lead to
>> profiling or to leaking of sensitive information.  If any of these
>> apply to this new protocol identifier, the identifier SHOULD NOT be
>> used in TLS configurations where it would be visible in the clear,
>> and documents specifying such protocol identifiers SHOULD recommend
>> against such unsafe use.
>>
>> That last sentence seems to imply that you ought replicate such
>> guidance here.
>
> Seems reasonable to me.

COMMENT:

- I can see situations where I might want to not tell the proxy