Re: Proposed HTTP SEARCH method update

On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 12:26 AM, Julian Reschke <
julian.reschke@greenbytes.de> wrote:

> On 2015-05-22 09:00, Wenbo Zhu wrote:

>> Rather than seeing SEARCH as related to GET, maybe what we really need
>> is just a safe/Idempotent POST (aka rpc). With reduced semantics the
>> benefits of such a new method may become more obvious.
>>

> And that new method would be different from SEARCH exactly how?

Anything that does not apply to POST could be dropped, i.e. not limiting
this method to search-like semantics (which is not well-defined or
understood, and often overlaps with GETs).

And the method name needs a separate discussion ... and maybe SEARCH is
good enough (not because it's already implemented).