Re: Time Precision

On 12 May 2015 at 00:33, Sawood Alam <ibnesayeed@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the quick response. Is there any discussion publicly available
> on this matter, why it was decided no to be changed? I guess the reason is
> probably backward compatibility, but I would like to know more about it.

It was not so much backwards compatibility as enforced forward
compatibility. The WG was chartered to only support HTTP/1 semantics over a
new wire protocol that was aimed at solving a moderately narrow (and poorly
defined) set of protocol abuses and performance issues.

For better or worse, fixing or enhancing the semantics of the protocol was
out of scope.

cheers

--
Greg Wilkins <gregw@webtide.com <gregw@intalio.com>>  - *an Intalio.com