Re: can GET do for QUERY? extending Partial Content

On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 05:38:21PM +0200, henry.story@bblfish.net wrote:
> One way to sidestep broken old proxies, is what we need to do anyway in our
> project is to use https, which is gaining momentum and adoption, even with
> its flaws. We are trying to build distributed secure Social Web, and in order
> to maintain privacy and security we need https. So those types
> of proxies are not a problem to us.

For *your* case maybe but when you want to extend a standard (and I'd say
that there's nothing older in HTTP than the GET request which predates
headers and proxies), you have to think wide, very wide.

> We are still very interested in proxy behavior
> because we want to allow every citizen to have his own proxy on his Freedom Box.

Yes and local anti-virus agents deployed on the PC, accessing the traffic
in the browser before it's encrypted and which are well-known for not
following standards and causing false bug reports.

Willy