Re: Clarification for RFC7231 CONNECT (section 4.3.6)

On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 05:09:11AM +0000, Adrien de Croy wrote:

> I've also seen clients send bodies on CONNECT requests...

Seen it as well.

> It's not clear what is supposed to happen, but IME if you pass it
> through, then things don't work, so currently we silently swallow it.

In the case I've seen, the body in question was in fact the contents
supposed to be sent. Similarly I think they were advertising a body
to ensure broken intermediaries would correctly transfer the data.
Just like the good old time where it was easy to SSH home via a proxy
by sending a POST with a large body :-)

Cheers,
Willy