Re: 2 questions

That's a good point. However, at the end of the day, what one person
thinks is confidential may not be the same to somebody else.

Silly examples:

- I'm searching about some embarrassing illness, and I don't realize
that someone may be tracking this information.
- I'm submitting my CV from my current work place, who monitor traffic,
and I don't want them to find out.

Without a warning you may not think about this.

Yes, passwords, CC numbers, ID numbers, etc. are more private, but where
do you draw the line? What about my physical address?

At a *minimum*, this type of warning should be displayed when submitting
a form that contains a password field. Unfortunately, there are no
built-in input fields for other types of private data, and checking for
common labels might not be that easy or effective.

Yes, many people will hit "ignore" without even reading the prompt, but
you can never control that, and if their information is compromised,
it's their fault entirely.

They could ignore future warnings for a particular form (based on the
form action), the entire domain, or everywhere.

Glen.