Re: Overhead of HTTP/2 Stream Management.

Each request adds a X-Req-ID to the headers as such:

GET / HTTP/1.1
other headers...

and the server responds...

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
other headers...

BUT, can also respond twice or more for server pushing:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
other headers...

The best part? If the server doesn't support it, it just responds as
normal, and the client interprets as normal.
I have a live implementation here: http://www.avuna.org/ OR
https://github.com/JavaProphet/Avuna-HTTPD

^^^ Excerpt from my email to Mark.

Once you have verified on both ends that they support this extension based
on the response, you can decide how to pair response->request, and the
request(which in my server is just a duplication of the original, removing
the ETag). Pushed resources may already be cached, as determined by the
server.
You can from the on also use HPACK if supported.