From: Jim Manico <jim@manico.net<mailto:jim@manico.net>>
Date: mercredi 1 avril 2015 17:44
To: Michael Sweet <msweet@apple.com<mailto:msweet@apple.com>>
Cc: Eric Vyncke <evyncke@cisco.com<mailto:evyncke@cisco.com>>, "ietf-http-wg@w3.org<mailto:ietf-http-wg@w3.org>" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org<mailto:ietf-http-wg@w3.org>>
Subject: Re: Linking a cookie to an IP address is a very bad in 2015...

Michael,

I manage the cheatsheet series for OWASP. If you think this should be changed hit me up off list at jim@owasp.org<mailto:jim@owasp.org>

Aloha,
--
Jim Manico
@Manicode
(808) 652-3805

On Apr 1, 2015, at 1:13 PM, Michael Sweet <msweet@apple.com<mailto:msweet@apple.com>> wrote:

Here is the information our security guys rely on for best practices in web site session cookies:

    https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Session_Management_Cheat_Sheet

Client IP address is currently listed as one of the properties that can be used to bind the session ID to a specific client.

I'm not sure whether current PHP, etc. use the client IP or User Agent to validate the session ID...