Re: Reviving discussion on error code 451

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 02:05:06PM +0100, Niels ten Oever wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I would like to revive the discussion around error code 451 [0].

(...)

To be honnest, while I don't object to having such a status code
defined (after all status codes are here to report a condition to
the end user), I'm really bothered by the use of this random code
picked in the middle of the range which we can regret later.
According to IANA, there are already a few holes in the 4xx range
and I'd find it much cleaner to fill them, especially when a
single code is desired :

    http://www.iana.org/assignments/http-status-codes/http-status-codes.xhtml

Unassigned :
    418-421
    425
    427
    430
    432-499

Let's pick 425 and fill one hole instead of increasing fragmentation.

Regards,
Willy