Re: [Technical Errata Reported] RFC7230 (4169)

From: Roy T. Fielding <fielding@gbiv.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 10:40:19 -1000
Cc: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
To: Barry Leiba <barryleiba@computer.org>
On Nov 10, 2014, at 10:18 AM, Barry Leiba wrote:

>> By my reading the OWS prefix and trailer in lists are a property of
>> the header-field definition in section 3.2. Not part of the #rule
>> element itself.
>
> Quite correct, Amos; thanks for that.  That leads me to think that
> this is "Reject".  I'd still like to hear from Roy.

That would be true if the example was a header field, but it isn't.
It is only talking about the field-value of the production, which already
excludes the trailing whitespace of header-fields.

So, the Errata is valid and the last example should not have trailing
space at the end of the value.

....Roy