Re: draft-thomson-httpbis-cant

On 22/10/14 16:09, Martin Thomson wrote:
> On 22 October 2014 07:10, Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie> wrote:
>> - section 2: I don't like the auth scheme name - this
>> should work without X.509. I'd suggest "TLSClientAuth"
>> would be a better thing to use.
>
> I was aiming for a tight scope, clearly you would like to expand this.
> I'm not fundamentally opposed to that, but it's a lot more work.

Well, not necessarily a lot, but sure I guess it might make
most sense to see what'll be needed so that HTTP/2.0+TLS1.3
can do at least as well as but hopefully better than the
kind(s) of client auth possible with HTTP/1.1+TLS1.2. And
then do that. I suspect the embedded/small-devices might
make a non-X.509 based approach worthwhile though.

S.