Re: Straw Poll: Restore Header Table and Static Table Indices

Willy,

I actually think that literal without/never indexed should be favoured over
literal indexed or at least on event footing, because by nature the literal
indexed headers are sent only once and then used by index, while the
literal without/never indexed headers are sent literally every time they
are used.

Thus I would think something like:

Indexed Header:
   +---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+
   | 1 | D |    Index (6+)         |
   +---+---------------------------+

Literal Never Indexed:
   +---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+
   | 0 | 0 | 0 | D | Index (4+)    |
   +---+---------------------------+

Literal Not Indexed:
   +---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+
   | 0 | 0 | 1 | D | Index (4+)    |
   +---+---------------------------+

Literal Indexed:
   +---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+
   | 0 | 1 | 0 | D | Index (4+)    |

Max Dynamic Table size change:
   | 0 | 1 | 1 |  Index (5+)       |

I believe that most 62 static slots can easily be filled with values that
will be used.   I'll come up with a suggestion for this tomorrow.

cheers

--
Greg Wilkins <gregw@intalio.com>  @  Webtide - *an Intalio subsidiary*