Re: null ciphers in 9.2.2

Eric,

You are saying that we will be OK if endpoints "just comply with 9.2.2",
yet that "clients and servers routinely have hidden switches to override
specification requirements".     Thus you are saying we will routinely be
exposed to a fragile handshake that might not work.

9.2.2 interpretation is and will be subject to configuration.  Initially
the configuration might be made non compliant only for testing or for niche
deployments.  But in future, who know how ciphers will evolve and how that
configuration will be changed in real deployments.

We need a robust handshake that will not fail if there is some deviation
from strict 9.2.2 compliance in configuration.       We need to allow "h2
acceptability" to be evolve by experts and experience without the risk of
connection failure when there are mutually acceptable protocol/cipher
pairs.

See other thread for the start of a concrete proposal for this.

cheers

--
Greg Wilkins <gregw@intalio.com>