Re: null ciphers in 9.2.2

On 6 October 2014 06:20, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net> wrote:

> Given that this thread was quickly hijacked to discuss other issues, and
> no one has actually given feedback on this, I think that’s a reasonable
> clarification.

I don't think it is fair to characterise my initial feedback to Martin's
enquiry as a hijack.  Specifically I noted that using null ciphers is a
debugging technique that will not be available if null ciphers are
prohibited.

The issue is that if we bake in restrictions for the main deployment mode
of the protocol, we are prohibiting niche deployments modes that may use
null, weak or unusual ciphers.

I think that is valid feedback to Martin's question.

regards

--
Greg Wilkins <gregw@intalio.com>