Re: Quick feedback on draft-nottingham-web-proxy-desc-00

I think this didn't changed since RFC 2616 already says:

14.9.5 No-Transform Directive

    no-transform
       Implementors of intermediate caches (proxies) have found it useful
       to convert the media type of certain entity bodies. A non-
       transparent proxy might, for example, convert between image
       formats in order to save cache space or to reduce the amount of
       traffic on a slow link.

       Serious operational problems occur, however, when these
       transformations are applied to entity bodies intended for certain
       kinds of applications. For example, applications for medical
       imaging, scientific data analysis and those using end-to-end
       authentication, all depend on receiving an entity body that is bit
       for bit identical to the original entity-body.

       Therefore, if a message includes the no-transform directive, an
       intermediate cache or proxy MUST NOT change those headers that are
       listed in section 13.5.2 as being subject to the no-transform
       directive. This implies that the cache or proxy MUST NOT change
       any aspect of the entity-body that is specified by these headers,
       including the value of the entity-body itself.