Re: CRLF requirement

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 13:40:12 +0200
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Cc: ietf-http-wg@w3.org
On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 1:34 PM, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:
> On 2014-06-30 13:23, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> Assuming that the statement above is true: because there are some existing
> implementations that require CRLF and which would be broken by just sending
> CR or LF.

It seems for robustness you'd want to parse using newline (per initial
email), but require CRLF for transmission. (The tight coupling the
HTTP specification has with parsing and format has always seemed like
a bug.)

(Willy, I recommend testing sending e.g. CR-separated fields to a
client rather than a server.)

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/