Re: #540: "jumbo" frames

On Jun 27, 2014, at 12:12 PM, Mike Bishop <Michael.Bishop@microsoft.com> wrote:

> Microsoft will be supporting headers larger than 16k in both our clients (IE and other apps) and server (IIS).  One reason is that a large number of our enterprise customer have Active Directory integrated solutions for authentication and authorization.  AD uses Kerberos as the preferred authentication mechanism and the authentication tokens can grow quite large.  IIS used to have a default maximum header size of 16k, but we have had to increase this to 64k in recent releases.  This is just one reason for a need to implement large headers.
>
> We have been following the debate here in the WG and as implementers of a browser, an application platform, a web server, and a forward proxy, we do not see a tangible difference between the proposals.  Therefore, our opinion is that there is no reason to delay WGLC to make a major design change at this stage.

Hi Mike,

I hope you don’t mind a follow-up, since you plan to use this capability. Does IIS have plans to coalesce connections when acting as a proxy, and if so are you not concerned with the HOL blocking issues that will occur with the current behavior of CONTINUATIONS?

--
Jason T. Greene
JBoss, a division of Red Hat