RE: #540: "jumbo" frames

On Friday,27 June 2014 09:36, mnot@mnot.net wrote:
> On 27 Jun 2014, at 5:21 pm, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk> wrote:
>> In message <7D8D6BB1-1527-4C79-9E41-BBBF6293B61E@mnot.net>, Mark Nottingham writes:
>>>
>>> I think this discussion has converged upon not making any changes to
>>> the HTTP/2 spec, but allowing experimentation to take place in a "jumbo" extension.
>>>
>>> As such, I'm going to close the issue. If implementation and
>>> deployment = experience in the next round leads us to think
>>> differently, we can = revisit the question, of course.
> >
>> I would like to propose that CONTINUATION be removed to an extension
>> as well then.
>
> Can someone please provide a proposal? Some features of the protocol aren't
> amenable to being shifted to extensions, and I very much suspect that  CONTINUATION
> is one of them...

I am willing to take a shot and see if it is possible.

While discussing extensibility in NYC [1], there was some discussion regarding taking some of the current spec and moving it to an extension as a means of keeping extensibility from getting too messy.  CONTINUATION seems like a good candidate.

[1] https://github.com/httpwg/wg-materials/blob/master/interim-14-06/minutes.md starting with the line "Frame type extensibility"

This email message is intended only for the use of the named recipient. Information contained in this email message and its attachments may be privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose this communication to others. Also please notify the sender by replying to this message and then delete it from your system.