Re: agenda/charter brainstorming

From: Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 10:57:12 +0100
To: Yoav Nir <ynir.ietf@gmail.com>, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
CC: "Julian F. Reschke" <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>

On 26/06/14 06:35, Yoav Nir wrote:

> On Jun 26, 2014, at 4:47 AM, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net> wrote:
>
>> Hi Yoav,
>>
>> I'm not sure we'll have the right people in Toronto for this, and
>> we already have a pretty crowded agenda. My inclination is to hold
>> off for now, but I think it would make for some interesting hallway
>> conversations…
>
> Perhaps carrying over into a bar.
>
> One of the problems with this subject is that you can get a lot of
> people to tell you why cookies are bad, but they’ll be saying
> different things, finding different faults with cookies, and
> therefore prescribing different remedies. I think we’re at the bar
> BoF lever, not quite ready for the BoF level.

I agree. FWIW, if this does get to the stage where it looks like
it'd work out (i.e. a sensible technical approach with a good
chance of being deployed) and if the IETF is the right place to
do that work, I'd be happy to help with getting a BoF to happen
(or a WG formed without a BoF, if its sufficiently obviously the
right thing to do).

Cheers,
S.