Re: #540: "jumbo" frames

On Jun 25, 2014, at 3:22 PM, Roberto Peon <grmocg@gmail.com> wrote:

> The sender determines how to apportion data into frames. We were seeing whole files transmitted as a single frame.

Hmm I guess I just don’t see what’s so bad about this. If your peer negotiates a large frame size, you know not to bother muxing a lot of requests on it, and negotiate it down in another connection.

> And again, in the web use-case this is not going to be a measurable difference in utilization, since we're likely to be using TLS.
> -=R

I don’t want to resurrect the encryption discussions, but I will say that if I was running a common public download site I would be very tempted to send clients to a clear-text, simple and fast HTTP/1.1 connection.

Of course it would be nice if you didn’t have to switch protocols for common use cases.

--
Jason T. Greene
JBoss, a division of Red Hat