Re: #540: "jumbo" frames

From: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 20:20:43 +0000
To: Roberto Peon <grmocg@gmail.com>
cc: Willy Tarreau <w@1wt.eu>, Patrick McManus <pmcmanus@mozilla.com>, Jason Greene <jason.greene@redhat.com>, Nicholas Hurley <hurley@todesschaf.org>, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, K.Morgan@iaea.org, Greg Wilkins <gregw@intalio.com>, IETF HTTP WG <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>, Martin Dürst <duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp>
In message <CAP+FsNcwTBLjn+CV0gnrpG_87U=xetOJsqoyFF5Ze+w_Ucwfpg@mail.gmail.com>
, Roberto Peon writes:

>Look at this from a hardware engineer's perspective. This bit changes how
>you must structure hardware buffers in order to parse things properly.
>This requires far more complexity for a hardware implementation, and would
>reduce the chance that we get acceleration in HW for HTTP2.

But the elimination of CONTINUATION would more than offset that minor
bit of complexity.