Re: #540: "jumbo" frames

I know that you can make bulk-transport more efficient - this was
identified before the project even got started.

As it turns out, the number of folks that need super high efficiency bulk
transport of large data over the internet is very low.  Of those very few
that do need it, many are already moving to non-HTTP protocols or simply
have better solutions already.  For example:
   - many back offices use custom protocols designed for their security &
global transport requirements rather than any form of HTTP.  They aren't
stuck with HTTP since it is on their own networks.
   - streaming video transfers don't need this, because they self-throttle
bandwidth anyway to save costs.
   - consumer bulk transfers tend to be best served by protocols like
bittorrent, which are designed for this and solve much more than just the
bandwidth problem.

I'm not saying that nobody needs nor wants super high efficiency bulk
transfer over HTTP.  Sure, it would be great.  But I wouldn't spend a
single bit of complexity on it.  Just too low pri.

I propose we move forward without attempting to solve bulk transport
issues.   If it fits into extensions without additional work, great.  If
not, we'll survive.  It's just another low-priority feature, of which there
will always be more.

Mike