Re: Back to the drawing board? was: #540: "jumbo" frames

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 12:36:48PM +0200, Greg Wilkins wrote:
> ie, whilst the current draft is not how I would do it if I were god,  I
> could live with most of it if it did become an RFC..... and would revel in
> the "I told you so" rights I would get when we are all back here in a few
> years because it failed to be widely adopted or we have to work out how to
> deal with the growing usage of massive headers :)

Worst part of it, it will not fail, it will succeed and will come with its
bag of new problems (though it will obviously solve some). It will be a bit
like Set-Cookie, NTLM or chunked encoding, it will probably itch over the
long term, but we'll adapt to it using extra hardware and more complex code
or tricks.

Willy