Re: Proxies (includes call for adopting new work item, call for input)

From: Nicolas Mailhot <nicolas.mailhot@laposte.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 12:28:20 +0200
To: "Eric Rescorla" <ekr@rtfm.com>
Cc: "Diego R. Lopez" <diego@tid.es>, "Martin Nilsson" <nilsson@opera.com>, "HTTP Working Group" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>

Le Lun 23 juin 2014 00:26, Eric Rescorla a écrit :
lysis that trusting two people is a bigger deal than trusting
> one.
> And this is before we get to the fact that in many cases the MITM proxies
> are in place specifically to ensure that the user uses the browser in
> accordance
> with the network's policies rather than his own, a situation that does not
> apply
> in a typical split browser scenario.

I think Snowden pretty conclusively proved that split browsers that
repatriate all user browsing in a foreign country are in place
specifically to ensure that the user uses the browser in accordance with
this country's policies rather than his own

--
Nicolas Mailhot