Re: Stuck in a train -- reading HTTP/2 draft.

On Sat, 21 Jun 2014 23:22:27 +0200, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
wrote:

> In message <op.xhtopjeoiw9drz@beryllium.oslo.osa>, "Martin Nilsson"
> writes:
>
>>> Could you point me to the place in the HTTP/1.1 RFC that says that
>>> proxies must be whitelisted ?
>>>
>>> I must have missed it on my first N*100 readings...
>>
>> No, I can't. And yet it is our experience from servicing a few hundred
>> million users through our servers that this is the case.
>
> Do you have any numbers for how many sites you have had to contact
> in order to get white-listed ?

There are 50 or so organizations that we share our active IP-ranges with.
In addition some do detection using other mechanisms than IP number. There
have also been quite a few instances of temporary blocks that gets
resolved without any involvement from us as the users complains to the web
site in question.

/Martin Nilsson