Re: Stuck in a train -- reading HTTP/2 draft.

On 19/06/2014 9:27 a.m., James M Snell wrote:
> Yep. Using a variable length encoding 5 bytes is the max we would need for
> all practical purposes.
>
> I'm all for dropping Date entirely, tho. That doesn't help us with the
> other date headers, but it helps. Last-Modified and If-Modified-Since are
> both great candidates for five-byte encoding.
>
> It's too bad the WG didn't pick up on such an obvious improvement but, oh
> well I guess.
>
> - James

How about we proxy people collude and define a proxy SETTINGS extension
to turn on lots of these types of optimizations?
 That way we can turn around and show how slow the client->server direct
traffic format is. At least until they see the light and join in.

Amos