Re: HPACK

I'm totally on board with having the static table at fixed index's below
the dynamic table.  I would also like to avoid the need to copy static
entries from the static table to the dynamic table in order to use them!

But we can't require that the first few fields are :scheme etc. because the
intention is that most of those common unchanging fields will end up in the
reference set and not be sent at all.  ie, there is no need to send :scheme
or :authority on every request. :method will mostly be GET or POST and only
occasionally  switch.  Path and query will mostly be sent, so perhaps they
can be first encoded.

Perhaps we can insist that all : headers are sent first and that at the
first non : header, we can then emit all : headers from the refset.

But if we are going to consider such significant changes, then I would
change a lot more about hpack.

cheers

Greg Wilkins <gregw@intalio.com>