HTTP/2 vs 1.1 semantics: intermediate codes

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 09:16:44 +0200
To: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
Hi there,

the current HTTP/2 spec currently points out that there are HTTP/1.1
features that are removed, but that there are HTTP/2-specific ways to do
things better.

I'm mostly ok with that, but think that the reasoning for the 1xx codes
is really weak.

The main point of 1xx codes (other than expect-100/continue) is that
servers can return status *and* header field while the request is
processing. I agree that this isn't used a lot today (maybe not at all),
but what is the replacement in HTTP/2?

Is there a technical reason why we can't just allow them in HTTP/2?

Best regards, Julian