Re: HTTP/1.1: They're done.

From: Willy Tarreau <w@1wt.eu>
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2014 19:57:26 +0200
To: Greg Wilkins <gregw@intalio.com>
Cc: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On Sat, Jun 07, 2014 at 07:38:15PM +0200, Greg Wilkins wrote:
> On 7 June 2014 07:29, Willy Tarreau <w@1wt.eu> wrote:
>
> > Bye bye 2616 :-)
>

> But thanks also to 2616 and it's authors for it's long service. It was a
> pretty spectacular success no matter what it's short comings are/were.

Absolutely!

> However, the 723x docs read really well and I'm itching to throw out lots
> of unused code paths, clarify others and refer some chronic malcontents to
> the new documents :)

In fact I've been used to write/send links to the drafts over the last few
years because they covered interoperability much deeper. In code comments
it's not a problem, but when trying to explain to people what they do wrong,
you have less strength with a link to a draft than with a link to an RFC!

Cheers,
Willy