Re: Question on HTTP 408

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel@haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2014 22:49:27 +0200 (CEST)
To: Willy Tarreau <w@1wt.eu>
cc: Sébastien Barnoud <sebastien.barnoud@prologism.fr>, Michael Sweet <msweet@apple.com>, "William Chan (?????????)" <willchan@chromium.org>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>, Matt Menke <mmenke@chromium.org>
On Wed, 4 Jun 2014, Willy Tarreau wrote:

>> But then, curl doesn't read from the connection until after it has sent its
>> request (or part of request) so the "problematic" case with getting a
>> response before even sending a request will never be noticed.
>
> No problem, it will be noticed *after* the request is sent when the client
> waits for the response since it's present in the network buffers.

Yes, sorry for being muddy but that is what I meant.

Also, since curl doesn't do pre-connects or "speculative" connects in any ways
that would risk to add the time between the TCP connect and the first bytes of
the HTTP request to get sent I would have guessed that the amount of 408s that
had been sent or received in that interval to be fairly small.

--

  / daniel.haxx.se