Re: Interleaving #481 (was Re: Limiting header block size)

On 03.06.2014 11:01, Roberto Peon wrote:
> If one does so, then different frames have different max sizes, and
> are parsed differently.
You seem to assume that the length field needs to have a different
length, although I think this isn't really necessary.
> This would imply that parsing takes more steps than it does today, as
> it would need to examine the frametype, then know the length of the
> length-field, then parse the length field.
The examination of the frametype is necessary today to detect if it is
header / continuation frame and to handle it differently.

> This is more painful, more codepaths and slower in the common
> case/common path.
Even better would be if header frames could be handled like other frames
and forwarded without much modification.