Re: Will HTTP/2.0 be green ?

On 1 June 2014 23:32, Mike Belshe <mike@belshe.com> wrote:

> I would be interested in seeing a useful study here.  However, the best
> study would be one done in production environments rather than on simulated
> devices with simulated models.  It would just be really hard to get a
> realistic model.

Mike,

It would be interesting to know if any large scale adopters of SPDY have
seen any significant changes in power usage in production environments - at
least on the server side.

There are significant increases in CPU demands with SPDY, but I would also
guess a lot of benefits as well.

While I tend to agree that this is not something we will be able to very
accurately measure nor to sweat any small changes, it would probably be
worthwhile for somebody with the right equipment to just verify we are not
making any huge increases in power requirements.

cheers

--
Greg Wilkins <gregw@intalio.com>