Re: Will HTTP/2.0 be green ?

From: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2014 21:42:03 +0000
To: Roberto Peon <grmocg@gmail.com>
cc: Jason Greene <jason.greene@redhat.com>, "Jason T. Greene" <jgreene@redhat.com>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
In message <CAP+FsNfLP4+wiFWRLFHQszWW8RoYy_vCH+XTrAK9SjafhnHx+w@mail.gmail.com>
, Roberto Peon writes:

>That isn't what phk@ is arguing, however. He is arguing that HTTP/1.1 is
>more 'green'.

Roberto, go back and read what I wrote, will you ?

I have absolutely no idea which protocol is more "green" at this
point in time.

HTTP/1.1 is not without its touble in this respect.  For instance
the combination of Chunked and PDP-11 friendly POSIX APIs are very
expensive, so a sensible framing format in HTTP/2.0 can save a LOT
of system-calls over HTTP/1.1.