Re: Will HTTP/2.0 be green ?

On Jun 1, 2014, at 3:56 PM, Jason T. Greene <jgreene@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Jun 1, 2014, at 3:48 PM, Roberto Peon <grmocg@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Sure-- I'd love to see you measure the amount of energy spent by the radio, screen, etc. on mobile devices, and the cost in terms of wasted bandwidth in keeping the channel open!
>> -=R
>> p.s. this line of argumentation is silly...
>
> I think it's totally reasonable to require that http/2 be comparable to http/1.1 proxies, balancers and servers.

Sorry, premature send. What I was saying that I think its totally reasonable to expect that http/2 should offer similar performance as http/1.1 for proxies, balancers, and servers (not just clients). Otherwise, if it’s going to cost x% more for providers to switch to http/2, they just might not do it.

--
Jason T. Greene
JBoss, a division of Red Hat