Re: Header Size? Was: Our Schedule

In message <CAP+FsNeGtUgBNq0WN4GuYCPj0eVCm07ta6sqek=vgk3nVexBJA@mail.gmail.com>
, Roberto Peon writes:

>gzip, hpack, whatever, the issue is state management in both cases-- they
>require serialization/deserialization to be done in the same order. Putting
>things on stream zero doesn't change this-- it creates a sequence binding
>between stream zero and the other streams, and there is no guarantee that
>it wouldn't look exactly the same in terms of backreference requirements.

This is why I originally suggested that we put a "envelope" (Host:
+ non-query part of URL) on the outside of all this complexity, so
that load-balancers would not have to care about it at all.

The failure to do so, is one of the main reasons why HTTP/2 will have
limited performance potential and likely become a bottleneck.