Re: New Version Notification for draft-bishop-http2-extension-frames-01.txt

From: <K.Morgan@iaea.org>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2014 08:02:15 +0000
To: <mnot@mnot.net>
CC: <jasnell@gmail.com>, <Michael.Bishop@microsoft.com>, <grmocg@gmail.com>, <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
+1 from me too

Mark-

Is this on the agenda for discussion next week in New York?

-Keith

On May 22, 2014, at 20:02, "grmocg@gmail.com<mailto:grmocg@gmail.com>" <grmocg@gmail.com<mailto:grmocg@gmail.com>> wrote:

Yup.

On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 10:41 AM, James M Snell <jasnell@gmail.com<mailto:jasnell@gmail.com>> wrote:
+1... many times over.

On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 10:34 AM, Mike Bishop
<Michael.Bishop@microsoft.com<mailto:Michael.Bishop@microsoft.com>> wrote:
> When we decided in Zurich to foreclose the option to extend HTTP/2, we
> thought that we were close to done with the basic protocol.  And its true
> -- the fundamentals of HTTP/2 havent changed all that much since then.  But
> various cases keep coming up where certain parties need to add one more
> feature.  While these arent core to the HTTP/2 protocol, theyre also not
> worth versioning the protocol for later, and so weve added them to the spec
> for experimentation as optional components.
>
> This draft proposes that many of these would be perfectly valid use-cases
> for extensions, and that we might make progress more quickly if we add a
> simple extension model.  I believe that the time we take in getting the
> extension model right will be more than offset by the ability to unblock the
> protocol and still handle new situations as they arise, even though were
> late in the process.
>
> I want to emphasize that the goal of the extension model is simplicity in
> the core protocol, and Id welcome feedback on how to simplify it further.
>
> Sent from Windows Mail

This email message is intended only for the use of the named recipient. Information contained in this email message and its attachments may be privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose this communication to others. Also please notify the sender by replying to this message and then delete it from your system.