Re: Design FAQs, Was: Our Schedule

Roland,

I think that intermediaries cannot be avoided.  At the very least the
browser itself represents a virtual intermediary when it shares a
connection between tabs on the browser.

But many application servers are just not setup to terminate large numbers
of external connections, let alone TLS connections.    TLS will be
offloaded and load balancers will be used.  Aggregation is desirable in
those situations, so I can see h2c being using within server farms.

Also I'm dubious that many large corporations are going to see the
technical merit of http2 and thus allows all their staff to make un
interrupted connections through their corporate firewalls.  Aggregation is
less likely in such scenarios, but also not impossible, specially if a
caching proxy is used.

cheers

--
Greg Wilkins <gregw@intalio.com>