Re: Our Schedule

On 26 May 2014 15:00, Richard Wheeldon (rwheeldo) <rwheeldo@cisco.com>wrote:

>  I’m curious as to what data you’re basing this on? I’m not saying you’re
> wrong – just looking for evidence. In particular data or results that I
> could use to sanity test our own implementations,

Nothing very objective I'm afraid.

You can see the kind of results we see with SPDY in our 2012 javaone
presentation:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ai_rrhM8gA

Don't  get me wrong, we certainly have application scenarios where our
throughput bottle neck is the size of HTTP headers.  Reducing HTTP header
size should be a priority of HTTP/2.  But I don't think we need to
sacrifice good protocol basics to achieve a world record in compression
efficiency.

cheers

--
Greg Wilkins <gregw@intalio.com>