Re: Our Schedule

From: Michael Sweet <msweet@apple.com>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2014 08:23:43 -0400
Cc: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
To: Greg Wilkins <gregw@intalio.com>
Greg,

I agree with your comments about HPACK, and I have made similar comments over the last year.  Everyone seems to be focusing on compression as a defining, mandatory feature of HTTP/2, but as you say multiplexing and push get you most of the way there.  If we leave out HPACK for 2.0 (or adopt a simpler HPACK) we can get some operational experience to determine whether further complexity is required or justified.