Re: Limiting header block size

On 22 May 2014 07:10, Roland Zink <roland@zinks.de> wrote:
> looks good to me, the only small comment on this is that the client not
> really knows what it did wrong. Should it retry the request at a later time?

This is even worse for a server that gets rejected in this fashion.
Though the error code is fairly identifiable, since that's the only
case where ENHANCE_YOUR_CALM is used in a stream error.

As for retrying, that's going to be up to the application.  In some
cases, the limit might be tripped because of transient conditions
(such as a temporary spike in load).  So retrying is possible, with
the usual caveats around non-idempotent requests and the like.  This
error code doesn't contain a promise that the stream was not
processed.