Re: HEADERS and flow control

David,

On May 21, 2014, at 12:01 PM, David Krauss <potswa@gmail.com> wrote:
> Decoding takes resources even with a stateless compressor, because the in-flight header set needs to exist in memory. With the current algorithm, the server can at least hope that having a complete header set, and beginning to service the request, will free up resources to handle a new header set.

I'm not suggesting that implementations need to track multiple header sets, just the 2 as required today (one "up" and one "down").  All I am saying is that preventing intervening DATA frames is unnecessary for the compressor that has been chosen, and that already-established streams should not be held up for a set of HEADER frames.