Re: New Version Notification for draft-nottingham-http2-encryption-03.txt

From: Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 23:50:17 +0100
To: Martin Nilsson <nilsson@opera.com>, ietf-http-wg@w3.org

On 20/05/14 23:45, Martin Nilsson wrote:
> On Tue, 20 May 2014 10:31:03 +0200, Stephen Farrell
> <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie> wrote:
>

>> Would you be ok with s/opportunistic encryption/opportunistic
>> security/? The latter is the term that the saag discussion has
>> ended up landing on, (post bikeshed:-) so it'd be good if
>> that worked here too.
>>

> As a random (weak) opinion point I would be against that. It would not
> be in line with what I was taught at University; That you only have
> security when you have Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability (the
> CIA rule).

Personally, I think that "only" is plain wrong and the sentence
assumes that security is a binary state and also wrong. But yes,
I do fully accept that that is the kind of thing we were all
taught and that some of us ourselves taught.

And I've very much in favour of not re-opening the bikeshedding
at all.

S.